What kinds of printing projects do you take on?
We welcome unusual & challenging projects, but we also love the beauty and simplicity of a straightforward, high-quality letterpress print.
Our past projects include:
• event invitations
• business stationery
• art editions
• postcards and mailers
• product packaging and tags
• fold-outs, booklets and pamphlets
• custom greeting cards
• personal stationery
• annual reports
What’s the best way to contact you about my project?
Give us a call at 718-596-3520 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are coming to us with your own design and would like a rough estimate, please provide the following for each printed piece:
• A pdf of the design (a rough version is fine)
• Quantity needed
• Size of piece
• Number of ink colors (black ink and blind deboss each count as an ink color)
• Type of paper stock
• Additional services requested (e.g. edge painting, die cutting, etc.)
We’ll get back to you right away with an initial estimate.
Do you offer design services?
Yes. We encourage everyone interested in custom design to come in for a studio visit. These are informal meetings made by appointment in which we discuss what you’re looking for, answer your questions and show you samples of our work. We follow up with an itemized estimate and proposed schedule for your project.
If you’d like to get a preliminary estimate, call or email us with as much of the following information as possible and we’ll get back to you with a rough estimate:
• Approximate dimensions and quantities of pieces you’ll need.
• Number of ink colors.
• Any other relevant details (2-sided printing, envelope lining, edge painting, etcetera)
We charge separately for design services.
What services does your printshop offer?
• Letterpress printing
• Edge painting
• Corner rounding
• Envelope lining
• Limited binding and finishing
Additional services are available through our partners.
What kind of printing equipment do you have? Are there size limitations?
Vandercook #4 Proofing Press
Vandercook SP-20 Proofing Press
8 x 12 C&P platen press
10 x 15 C&P platen press
Selected wood type
Maximum sheet size: 19½ × 28″
Maximum plate size: 18 × 22″