Swayspace on Pinterest
Oh hey, we're on Pinterest!
We've been using it to gather inspiration, favorite designers, and other great stuff we want to have a click away. Join us and let's have some fun!
Lunchtable Links Aug 24, 2015
There were only a few people at lunch today, but we talked about a lot about movies and TV shows
- Our favorite horror movies, that may or may not have scared the bejeezus out of us [Ed. note: The Ring is my scariest, but not my favorite because it was TOO SCARY.] [Rotten Tomatoes]
- 90s TV shows that totally hold up. Our favorites this week: MacGyver and Star Trek: TNG. [AV Club]
- Isabella Rossellini is awesome. This interview of her and Mario Batali is so cool and Italian [Interview Magazine]
Lunchtable Links Aug 19, 2015
Recommendations from the Swayspace team to get you through a mid-week slump..
- Under the Skin is a weird, beautiful, and atmospheric movie, and everyone should watch it so we can talk about it [Metacritic]
- The Magicians is a fantasy trilogy for the Harry Potter generation now that we're older [Amazon]
- For a slightly shorter – yet very emotional – experience, listen to this Radiolab story from Jon Ronson about the artificial intelligence of Bina48 and the very human story behind it. [Radiolab]
- If watching The Knick on HBO Go doesn't sound appetizing, listening to Sawbones is a great way to learn about the history of medicine without being so grossed out by fake gore. [Sawbones]
Lunchtable Links Aug 14, 2015
Before the links, a couple of very important requests.
- Tweet @swayspace your favorite people/brands to follow on Pinterest.
- Tweet @krneely pictures of non-soccermom short haircuts. Halp.
Ok, here are the links! Happy weekend!
- This tasty green bean salad graced our actual lunch table [Taste of Home]
- Measuring spaghetti is a pain, but the clever folks at Macaroni Bros have got you covered with this useful business card [Card Observer]
- Willy is really excited about the rumored Deadwood movie [Entertainment Weekly]
Lunchtable Links Aug 12, 2015
Today at lunch, we travelled back in time to talk about word processors and rotary phones, briefly visit the present to see what the snake people are up to, and venture into the future for some goat men and lab-grown jackets.
- Remember word processors? I don't. Thanks to patient coworkers for explaining these to the 20-somethings in the office. [Wikipedia]
- Every generation has garbage people, and they get all the attention. Like these dudes who use dating & hook-up apps to sleep with as many women as possible. [Vanity Fair]
- This f****ing man tried to live like a f****ing goat. [Vice]
- Some mad-scientist type decided to grow a leather jacket in a lab, although the result is a little small. [New Scientist]
Booty had me like...
Image via mylusciouslife.com